Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day Doo mom and dad! :)

Ok, so moving into an apartment with no car isn't as bad as you think... kind of. My parents came to help us move in and we had sooooo much fun. First, a huge shout out to all you target gift card givers; we loved them. After we bought all our stuff we decided just to do it. We pushed our target carts about a mile to our apartment! :) It was so funny. We don't look like hicks do we? haha. For the record, we took the target carts back.

The boys used their man skills to build...





And the girls went shopping! My mom and I went and got groceries... and seriously almost bought the whole store. We didn't get pics of this event because we were all holding on to probably about 8 Shaw's bags in each hand... and yes, we walked it home. I think we made a great first impression on the neighborhood! But we did make some good dinner. Stuffing chicken, potatoes and bread!




Then we got this great deal on a table through craigslist... still no car. So we went over and each carried a chair back with us. :) No pics because our hands were full. ha.


We eventually rented a zip car... which was initially a nightmare but then turned out ok to pick up the rest of the table, a couch, and a chest that Morgan and I repainted black. This is the final product...




















It's just the perfect place for Morgan and I. Hopefully as time goes on more pictures and decorations will be put up but for now it's what we call home. God really played a role in getting us here and settled. I love this place.

ps. "Day Doo" means Thank you in Kody language :)

5 comments:

The Curry Family said...

Yay for an update! You have to keep them coming. I love your apartment, it's so cute! And I am cracking up at you walking with your Target carts. Cool!

Sadi and Morgan Pope said...

hey! Cassi, can you put my email on your list so I can see what you post? Love ya. Glad you liked the update ;)

The Burtch's said...

sister, i love it your apartment is so cute. I am still jealous though that your kitchen and bathroom are both way bigger than mine!!!! Love ya

Katie said...

What an adventure! I love experiences like that.

Shari Tate said...

We heard this story first had today at lunch from your mom!!
We were all dyin laughin!!!

Glad you are settled in!

Miss u tons!