Sunday, September 21, 2008

What I do...

Alright, let me explain this first picture. I have found my anti-drug, ok, I would never do drugs anyway, but this is what I've found to fill my longing for sports... ULTIMATE FRISBEE!!! Yes, laugh all you want, but here, it is a legit sport. I'm part of the club "Lady Pilots" but it's basically the BU team because only BU students are allowed on. It's seriously so intense. The scab on my leg is from my first tournament. I "bid", which means I dove for the frisbee either to catch it or prevent someone from catching the disk. As a result of that, I got a pretty good turf scar. haha. Any of you that know me well won't think me putting up a picture of my leg is weird, for you that don't know me... I'm just weird like that. :) This is the view of Boston I get when I go to practice... AMAZING! I know. Sometimes when I'm walking places (which is all the time because you walk everywhere here), I just like to stop and smile. Ah, it's such a wonderful place. I probably walk on average around 3 miles a day. I miss my truck!!!
This is my cute little church building. I am in the University Ward. There are lots of members from Harvard, MIT, Berkley, BC... All together we make a great and strong ward. Church is 40 minutes away. However, institute and FHE are held on campus. There are 4 other freshman, and 5 juniors, and 2 seniors that go to BU and are mormon. So I've got a pretty good member base... but definitely different than home! Oh, and out of all those, there are only 2 boys that are mormon here at BU. haha. But really, they are already becoming like family and I know I have support. It's great.


Overall things are great here. I miss home... A lot a lot a lot! But I'm holding out here. I love keeping in touch with everyone. I can't wait to visit! Ah, that sounds weird "visiting" home.

7 comments:

The Curry Family said...

That is a beautiful view! I'm glad you found some 'sport' to keep you happy :)

The Curry Family said...

Hey Sadi, check out my blog, I gave you an award :)

Bobby and Shanna said...

Hey there Sadi boo...sounds like you are having a great time.. better take care of yourself..but remember, them boys always like those crazy sports girls...

Shari Tate said...

Haha...and you THOUGHT you wouldn't play sports! Didn't take ya long! I'm sure you are beatin up on all the guys too....next time show a picture of what the opponent looked like!!
Sean and I are dyin laughing that 12 students is a strong BASE!! Holy cow you probably had 12 LDS students in every class at HS, huh? That is so different! Be careful of those 'family' relationships....soon they want to REALLY be your family!! You are too easy to love Sadi Girl!
I MISS YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH! Luv your emails!

Kristina Rich said...

Sadi, I am so happy for you!!! This is an experience that you'll never forget. We all miss you back home and can't wait for a visit!!!

theleavittranch said...

Sadi it is beautiful there wow! you look great and i hope you don't hurt anyone else playing frisbee. Forrest and Richard played that and would always come home with broken something so be careful. We love you and hope to see you when you visit.

Zack said...

wowzers that's a long way to go compared to mesa lol. i heard about the frisbee story and decided to sniff ya out. ^^ boston looks awesome. nothin like the newer and much drier AZ. the fam is going to orlando pretty soon =) my first trip to the east. EXCITED MUCH. heh check my blog out. not much, but it's something