Thursday, April 15, 2010

Baby Pope!


As most of you know... Morgan and I are going to be parents! I am just about 10 weeks now. It was really cool to get an ultra sound. Morgan and I were able to see the heart actually beat in the baby. Probably one of the most humbling experiences of my life. Isn't the picture so cute? It looks like a little gummy bear!
With this joyous occasion comes... um... side effects? haha. All you moms already know about this. For example, after waking up twice in the night to go to the bathroom, I woke up this morning wanting cereal but we were out of milk. Despite my craving I had an orange and my lovely husband made me eggs and toast! After I went to brush my teeth... and it all came back up (it happens almost everytime I brush)! After Morgan left for school I went for a walk and then to the store. Everything in the store looked and smelled so gross except for the puffy twisty cheetoes. Had some of those before I even left the store! Once I got home and unloaded I ate a pizza lunchable. Right now I can't decide if I want pickles or if I'm not hungry. Usually when I'm not eating I'm sick. Ugh, thank goodness for saltine crackers though. I had to restock :)
Besides the sickness being pregnant is great! I'll share with you some of my favorite phrases:
"Morgan, can you get that? I'm pregnant."
"Can I have some more? I'm pregnant."
"Will you lift that for me? I'm pregnant."
"How's it going Sadi?" "I'm pregnant."
The list goes on but you get the idea. The due date is November 11th, 11/11/10. We don't know what the gender is for another 2 months or so. But we are currently accepting suggestions for baby names :)
This is so much fun! I'm scared out of my mind but I can't think of anything else I want to do more. Woohoo! Go Team Pope!

6 comments:

The Curry Family said...

Congratulations Sadi and Morgan!! Being sick is no fun, I was sick with Madisen pretty much the whole time. It's all worth it though!! I can't wait to find out what you are having :)

Maurine Ward said...

We are excited to be new grandparents AND great-grandparents both this year. Congratulations for making this possible.

Shari Tate said...

WOOHOO SO EXCITED!

It was so great to talk to you last week and just hear your voice....can't wait to see you guys in June if we don't get up there sooner!

Love and miss you both so much!

Kiley and Ben Pew said...

Sadi,
Hi this is Kiley, Ben Pew's wife. So congratulations on the baby. That is super exciting. Your little post was so funny to read. I just had a baby about 6 months ago, so being prego is still fresh in my mind. I know you probably have been getting all sorts of prego advice, but I thought I would pass this along to help you with being sick. Try taking ginger. I drank Ginger Ale, but if you can't stand to drink that try just taking some ginger or eating someting with giner in it. It helped me. Anyways, just wanted to say congratulations.

Rachel and Scott Odell said...

Congratulations Team Pope! We're so excited for you guys! So... name suggestions. Looks like those baby clothes from the White Elephant won't go to waste :)

Angela Cluff said...

Congratulations!!! That is way exciting!
Hmmm... what about Gertrude, Penelope, Chester, Lester... lol j/k. I think when choosing a baby name it's best to pick something that isn't the most popular (imagine being in a class with three other people that have the same name) but not a name that is so rare that you have to be told every time how to pronounce it. Congrats again! I can't wait to read all of your updates!